Wednesday, July 05, 2006

In Utah

Ben and I safely made it to Utah after traveling from Ann Arbor for five days. We didn't travel straight for five days, but stopped along the way to visit with family and see my alma mater. I will be posting pictures from the trip soon, but for now I'm going to post about something I meant to post about earlier.

I finished up my Hourglass Sweater several months ago, but then it took me a while to find time to block it. And after blocking it I realized that the sleeves went way past my fingertips. So after a few more weeks of procrastinating, I blocked it again, this time carefully scrunching up the sleeves to the right length. Here's the result:

I love, love, love this sweater and this yarn. I'm thinking of making it again in a cotton/silk blend for a summer sweater. As you may recall this sweater was my entry in the knitting olympics. I am granting myself a silver metal for getting 2/3rds done.

A couple of weekends before we headed out of Ann Arbor, we attended a wedding for two of our grad school friends. I took advantage of the chance to dress-up and finally wear the Hyrna Hergorbar shawl that I won from the Give a Little Drive. The shawl looked perfect with the dress, so I'll have to wear them together again.