Saturday, June 24, 2006

Wedding Colors? Look to Yarn Colors!

I've been thinking recently about wedding colors: what color the invitations should be, what color the decorations should be, and in particular what color the bridesmaids' dresses should be? One evening as I was thinking about this I looked over at my yarn stash and realized why I'm leaning towards blues, greens and pinks. Isn't it obvious those are the colors I gravitate towards?

Clockwise from the 12 o'clock position, Trekking XXL sock, Hourglass Sweater in Noro Cash Iroha, Knit Picks socks, Grace sweater in Kid Seta, hat and mittens in a Plymouth wool yarn, my first hat in Peace fleece, sleeveless sweater in Debbie Bliss Cotton Silk Aran, second hat I made in Peace Fleece, Bad Penny in Tahki New Tweed (dark and light pink), sock in Jaeger Wool Stretch, more Tahki New Tweed for the Honeymoon Cami (it's more green than yellow in real life), Tahki Kelly in turquoise and dark blue destined for a sweater and Accordian sweater in Peace Fleece. Ahhh ... colors.

1 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, June 30, 2006, Anonymous Susie Grougan said...

Hi there! I was cruising along, checking out all the Tour de Fleece participants' blogs and bumped into yours. How convenient! How wonderful! You're in Michigan!

Before I even introduce myself, I'd like to ask if you and your Ann Arbor knit bloggers would like to join a few of us outlander Michiganders (I'm in Grayling...others in Clare, Holland, and then from another state or two) at Threadbear on July 24th? It's a Monday and we're shooting for lunch-ish and afternoon knit/spin/chat (I'm 150 miles one way, so earlier isn't better...)

It'd be lovely if some or many of you would like to make the trek northward to join us. I've already warned Rob and Matt...

Consider this an open invitation and I'd be appreciative if you'd extend it to others. I can be reached at sgrougan@alarmguy.net for more info.

Oh, and...Hi there! My name is Susie and I knit and spin and blog and attempt to organize knitblogger meetups!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home