Tuesday, June 13, 2006

So Long Isis Wrap

I finished the back of the Isis wrap that I started last summer, and blocked it. Here are pictures from before blocking:

And here are the after-blocking pictures:

And I think it looks like crap. The lace is supposed to make a nice even pattern, but mine looks nothing like it. I'm not sure what happened, but this is a good example of lace gone bad. Even though it may be considered pretty it its own right, I know that I will always look at it and go ugh. I think that my problem was that this was my first lace project, and I bit off more than I could chew. In the future I will try much simpler lace patterns before working up to something like this.

So as Isis wrap goes to the frog pile, I found a really awesome pattern on Knitty to use with the Tahki New Tweed yarn instead - Bad Penny. I am so in love with this pattern right now for the simplicity of it. I really like zoning out while knitting it and getting into that knitting/meditation trance. I have decided that I am more of a production knitter right now, because I have only a handful of knitted items to wear. And I want a fabulous, knitted wardrobe, dammit! My goal then is to finish the sweater this summer, so that I can wear it. The New Tweed is knitting up well in the simple stockinette stitch, and I enjoy it so much that I ordered more online in celery to make the Honeymoon Cami.

1 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, July 07, 2006, Blogger Ilona said...

Hi there - I just just just finished my own Isis Wrap and I can tell by looking at yours that maybe your stitch count was off so that the lace stitches didn't line up. Were you using stitch markers? I realized I was messing up my stitch count for the lace and resorted to setting stitch markers each repeat. The increases on the side might have created more confusion as well... I say give it another whirl. This pattern requires a little intuitive thinking about how lace interacts with seams, increases and decreases on the sides, etc. Perhaps you can try a lace pattern that doesn't require shaping like a scarf?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home