Monday, May 22, 2006

Hooked

I have recently had a guest at my apartment, Kim's wheel Ellette, whom I named. (Please ignore the mess Mom!) Because Kim was moving across town, she very generously lent me her wheel for me to try out. And my apartment was on the way to her new home. I took good care of Ellette and had a lot of fun figuring out how to spin and ply. Remember all that fiber I acquired at the Spinner's Flock sale? Most of it became this:


Starting from the top, the white skein is some sort of un-dyed 100% wool. I lost the tag. This was my first attempt at plying, so it is not very even. I plan to knit this into a felted clutch. The dark blue-green skeins are Corriedale and mohair. The pink skeins are Coopworth, silk and tunis. I think these skeins are my favorite. I just love the color, and the bits of white silk are great too. The grey and blue skein is a Leicester and mohair blend. The colors match my winter parka, so the yarn is destined to become some sort of winter accessory. The big wonky blue and grey mass is from the outer part of the ball. It had felted a bit together, and it was difficult to spin.

Thank you so, so much Kim!! It was such a great opportunity to try out spinning, and I'm definitely hooked. And don't worry Ben, there's more fiber for the football season.

4 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, May 22, 2006, Blogger freddyknits said...

Wow - you are a natural. You need to get a replacement, like, NOW!!!

OK, maybe you can wait until you move. Cya tomorrow at Sweetwaters.

 
At 5:19 AM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Kimberly said...

Yippie! Another addict! ;)

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

btw- Thank you so much for the book!! XD

 
At 5:20 AM, May 27, 2006, Blogger CJ said...

Lovely! And you were worried aobut how it would look - you're a natural.

 
At 7:07 AM, May 25, 2010, Blogger 日月神教-向左使 said...

av女優,aio,a片,日本a片,色情a片,成人影城,A片下載,情色,色情網站,色情影片,嘟嘟情人色網,成人網站,18成人,成人圖片區,成人貼圖站,微風成人,做愛,成人短片,性愛,三級片,無碼,a漫,h漫,自拍貼圖,85cc免費影片,走光,成人電影,成人影片,A片,A片下載,情色貼圖,情色,色情,a片,a片,a片

 

Post a Comment

<< Home