Friday, February 03, 2006

Yarn Roses, Knitting Olymics and Snowy Walks

For Valentine's Day, I decided to buy myself a dozen roses:



Twelve skeins of Noro Cash Iroha for Last Minute Knitted Gifts' Hourglass sweater. The book was one of my Christmas presents, and I've checked out the corrections.


This sweater will be my event in the Knitting Olympics. I want to see if I can make a sweater in two weeks. And I might have a chance with this sweater. There's minimal finishing, and I can tell you from knitting the swatch that the yarn is addictive to knit. I also want to time myself. The pattern is in the more than eight hours section, but what does that mean?

And now one last post from Duluth. So what to do with such cute dogs? Take them on adventures. On my birthday we took a long walk around the neighborhood. The roads were salty and icy, so we put booties on them:
The dogs put up with them pretty well. When we first put them on they lifted their paws up really high as they walked. It was pretty funny. Darkstar lost all of them by the end, but all of Picasso's stayed on. At one point Picasso had enough and just sat down. I had to coax him along.

A few days later we had a snowstorm. B & I bundled up and walked the dogs through the deep snow at the park. Darkstar was in his element. He was always several feet ahead of B and I, while Picasso was back with us. I like this picture because it reminds me of a sled dog team. The dogs are part husky. Picasso again would just plop down anywhere when he got tired (that's what I'm assuming, but with dogs, who knows?). The lead dog would then have to stop, and his look in this picture seems to be saying, okay, let's go now. Note the snow on Picasso's back. B likes to throw snowballs at my dog. He says it cools the dog off.

One more picture of Picasso. We had to take a blow dryer to them when we got home to dry them off.

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, February 03, 2006, Blogger Jennie said...

Where on earth did you get the Cash Iroha? I love that yarn to death but haven't seen it anywhere in ages and had figured it was discontinued! See what I get for assuming?

I love love love Last Minute Knitting Gifts. I knit lots and lots of those baby bonnets in the 2-4 hour section and have done the lacy scarf to. I love that the times stated in the book are how long it actually does take me to knit the item!!!!

In other news, what's up? I miss you krazy kats.

 
At 2:56 PM, February 06, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

Thanks for your post on the Hourglass Knitalong. Can you let me have your email address so I can add you to the knitalong? Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home