Thursday, January 19, 2006

Feeling Lucky

Lately I've been feeling lucky because I've won a couple of contests. First of all Kim had a contest in November to name her new wheel. I looked online for names that might appeal to Kim, names that would have to do with fairies, elves, etc. And she picked one of my suggestions, Ellette, which means little elf. The prize was two skeins of beautiful, hand-spun salmon-colored merino yarn:


I'm not sure yet what project the yarn will turn into, but I like to take it out once and awhile and pet it. The yarn is sooo soft. Thanks so much Kim!

The other contest that I won was from the Holiday Gift Knit-Along that I participated in. At the end of the holiday season, all of the kniters who finished their gifts were entered in a drawing for prizes. There were only five prizes, and a lot of knitters. So I was really surprised to find out that I had won these lovely stitch markers made by Raellyn:

If Alison hosts another Holiday Knit-A-Long I will have to donate something to keep up the good karma.

And the last reason why I feel lucky is that I wore the wool socks that I made for my mom, and at the end of the day there were no rashes, no hives. I'm so glad that my dad's genes kicked in, because I didn't want to have to give away my first pair of socks!

1 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, January 21, 2006, Blogger Raellyn said...

Congratulations on all your good luck!
I hope you enjoy the stitch markers. They were really fun to make. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home