Sunday, November 13, 2005

Give a Little Prize

I won this beautiful shawl from the Give a Little drive to organize knitters to donate to the Red Cross for Katrina victims. It was knitted by Angela, and you can view another picture of it on her blog. The pattern is Hyrna Hergorbar, and when I googled the name (thanks google) I found out that the pattern is from Three-Cornered and Long Shawls by Sigridur Halldorsdottir. I don't know what yarn it's made of, but I'll let you know when I find out. Angela also sent me a chocolate bar, yum! My own attempts at lace work have been limited, so I can't imagine how much time and effort have gone into this shawl. Thank-you!





Receiving this gorgous shawl makes up for not receiving anything from my SP6 other than a few emails. I'm not mad at her or anything, and I'm sure she has a busy life, but still, it's disappointing. I have had fun though sending present to my spoilee.

2 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, November 15, 2005, Blogger Angela said...

Hi Emily!

I'm glad you like Hyrna - I had some plain grey wool in my stash so I used that. Not much info I'm afraid.

I haven't Secret Pal-ed before, but hopefully she/he will come around.

 
At 7:41 AM, November 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily

Apparently I am having email troubles. The SP hostess informs me that my emails are not getting to you. So very sorry!

You should be getting a couple of packages any day and hopefully they will make up for the lack of attention thus far.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Your Secret Pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home