Thursday, September 15, 2005

SP 6 Questionaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I do prefer higher quality and natural fibers, so I guess that makes me a yarn snob. Acrylic yarn just doesn't feel was wonderful as wool, mohair, cotton and angora, and as my knitting time is limited, I figure, why bother?

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
no, no

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Smoke and cats

4. How long have you been knitting?
4 years, but I took about a 1 1/2 year break at the beginning of grad school.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Amazon

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
vanilla, fruits, flowers, nothing too heavy

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
yes! chocolate and hazelnut is one of my favorite combinations

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Only knitting at this point, there's no time for other crafts.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like a wide-variety, but mostly folk-rock. Check out my blog profile for a list of my favorite musicians. Yes, my computer and walkman can play MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
blue is my absolute favorite, but I like other colors too. I tend to gravitate towards rich jewel tones no matter what the color, but also like some medium shades and pastels.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single with a boyfriend living in Salt Lake City, UT. I personally don't own any pets, but my parents have two dogs that I like to think of as mine (I did help raise them).

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To marry said boyfriend, and have 2-3 children and 2-3 dogs. I want to live in a rambling old house with a big porch and a big garden. My dream job would be to teach chemistry at a small college, but as I also want a family there maybe some compromises of that dream. So I want a fulfilling job in chemistry that doesn't suck the life out of me.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Peace Fleece, Debbie Bliss yarns, Madil kid seta, merino, mohair, alpaca

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Novelty yarns. Eyelash yarns look like a headache waiting to happen.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I want to learn felting, and am currently working on a pair of slipper socks. I can't wait to go on and make real socks soon. I also want to learn more complicated cable patterns and fair isle.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I don't really have any favorites, I've liked everything I've knitted.

17. What are you knitting right now?
a) Isis wrap from Interweave Knits Summer '05
b) Beginner socks from Knitty Gritty tv show
c) A tank top of my own design with Debbie Bliss Cotton Silk Aran
d) Newsboy cap from SnB Nation
e) Accordian sweater from Knitty

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I've never worn one, and am too scared I'd look like a lampshade.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
both, and double point needles

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
bamboo

21. Are you a sock knitter?
I'm currently knitting my first pair.

22. How did you learn to knit?
I took a knitting class at college.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
From spring of 2002, a sweater for myself that I knitted, but never seamed up.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Lady from Lady and the Tramp. Dogs in general.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday is on Christmas, so I have a love/hate relationship with it. It's great that I get to be with my family and don't have to work, but my birthday often gets forgotten in the shuffle of the holidays.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
No

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I usually pick up Interweave Knits at a grocery store. So I read it, but don't have a subscription.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I would like the books on my Amazon wishlist

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
No, most of the patterns I'm interested in making are in the books on my amazon wishlist

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home