Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I will believe, I will believe

I recently finished reading At Knit's End by Stephanine Pearl-McPhee, and just loved it. As I knit or listen to other women's knitting stories, quotes from the book keep coming into my head, including this one:

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. - Marie Curie

"This is surely the motto of designers who work in knitted lace. It can only be faith alone that drives them, because, before it is stretched and blocked, lace in progress often resembles Chinese noodles.

I will reserve judgement on my lace in progress until the magic of blocking has worked its charms."

-Stephanine Pearl-McPhee The Yarn Harlot

This quote of course relates to the Isis wrap that I'm working on. I keep cursing it as I knit it, but when I spread it out to take this picture it actually looks okay. Again, I will reserve judgement. I will believe in the future beauty of this wrap.


Last week I was distracted from knitting Isis by a quarterly report that I needed to write, but then I got distracted from writing by attempting to find yarn to make the thick beginnner socks from Knitty Gritty. The brown yarn is heavenly, but too thick. I got the paper finished, and can keep plugging away at Isis.

hmmm ... writing or knitting? Posted by Picasa