Monday, September 26, 2005

Baby's First Socks

I finished my first pair of socks! The pattern is from Knitty Gritty, and they were easy to make. I'd recommend the pattern to anyone who wants to learn how to knit socks. I think the socks look like giant baby booties, and the pastel pink doesn't help. The pink yarn is some mystery yarn I inherited from my mom, and when I ran out I switched to some red Lamb's Pride. They aren't really the prettiest socks, but hey, it's not like I'll ever wear them out of the house. And the socks are very warm and snuggly. I've also started knitting "adult" socks out of Knit Pick's Simple Strips. I'm just so enthralled with how fine and soft the yarn knits up.

top view, the color is more accurate in this view.


side view

I also finished Going Out with a Bag for my cousin Katrina, and shipped it off to her today. The wedding is this Saturday, and I'll post pictures of the finished purse after I take some of her holding it. On Saturday Lynne hosted a wonderful yarn tasting party, which hopefully she will blog about soon . We all brought a skein of yarn to share and something to eat. Denise has a swatch posted on her blog. Her swatch came out nicer than mine somehow, perhaps because she was more conscious of the order she knit the yarns. But anyway, the yarn and the food was yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home