Thursday, August 04, 2005

Seattle trip

Here's the long-awaited update on my Seattle trip. I've been crazy-busy in the last month with my research and mentoring an undergraduate on his own research. But I had a wonderful time in Seattle, and got to visit with two knitters. Ben's grandma is a knitter, and so we chatted up on knitting while I was knitting and she was needle-pointing a pillow of their lab Georgia Brown. And I saw my friend Anna from Grinnell who was currently working on the Beaded Braided Hat Kit from Peace Fleece in the more muted colors, which just looks just lovely. Ben's grandma took me to her favorite yarn store, where I purchased some lovely yarns. I bought two skeins of white yarn to make the Going Out with a Bag purse for my cousin, and six skeins of pink yarn to make the Isis wrap from Interweave Knits summer 05.

From left to right: Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino, Filatura Di Crosa baby kid extra and Tahki Yarns New TweedPosted by Picasa

I also got to work very quickly on knitting the bag. The bead work was fun, and the yarns are so lucious. Now comes the difficult part. I'm going to line the purse with satin AND sew a zipper in. My goal is to finish the purse by Sept 1 (the wedding is Oct 1), so I still have lots of time to procrastinate and still get it done.

the easy partPosted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home