Wednesday, May 25, 2005

the long and the short of it

The two sweaters that I'm currently working on both have some length-issues. Sigh. The Accordian sweater is on the long side. I'm following the pattern, but at 22 inches the back very heavy and fits nicely when held up against my back. Should I stop now, and risk it not looking right, or should I keep going and have it potentially be too big for me? For right now it's sitting in "time-out" as Jennie said last night until I decide what to do. The other sweater that I'm working on is Grace. I love the yarn and how it fits except for the length. It comes up above my belly button, and, well, I'm too modest to wear it as is. My belly isn't exactly a part of my body that I want to emphasize, and I think it also looks weird to have 3-4 inches of shirt below the sweater. So I'm currently adding several inches on to the bottom of it. I can't wait to wear it!

Yesterday I was having one of the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days (like from the book), and then I got to the Ann Arbor Knit In meeting last night and had a great time laughing and listening to and telling stories. Thanks everyone!


The accordian sweater from knitty.com made with peace fleece in hemlock, samantha/katya pink and georgia rose. Posted by Hello


Grace from knitty.com Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, May 27, 2005, Blogger Jennie said...

Stop now. Finish the other pieces. Pin it together before sewing it together and if it doesn't look right, taking out the bind off and adding a few more inches is no big deal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home